Europe led the offshore wind market with a market share of 56.99% in 2016 and is expected to reach US$ 39.39 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 12.9%. Europe has favorable weather for the offshore wind market. Out of all the offshore wind installations, around 88% were located in costal water of 10 European economies in 2016 and remaining installations of around 12 % is located in China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and the U.S, according to Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC).
According to Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, roughly 50% population in the U.S lives near coastal areas. Also in coastal areas, land-based renewable sources are limited and energy cost and demand are high. Offshore wind energy has potential to supply large quantity of renewable energy to the U.S coastal cities such as Los Angeles, New York City, and Boston.
Request For Sample Copy of this Research Report : https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/978
Offshore wind provides the electrical energy on the continental shelf to harvest the wind energy. Wind speed is generally stronger and steady at the offshores than on the land. Offshore wind turbines are also located near to coastal areas eliminating the need for new overland transmission lines. Slight increase in speed of wind can generate a significantly greater amount of electricity, as the potential energy of wind is directly proportional to the cube of wind speed. For instance, the turbine at a site with average wind speed 16 miles per hour (mph) would produce more than around 50% electricity than 14 mph average speed of the same turbine.
Increasing investments in renewable sources of energy and favorable government policies are the major drivers for the growth of offshore wind market. For instance, in the U.S, The National Ocean Industries Association have established the U.S’s first offshore wind farm in 2017. Furthermore, rising demand for electricity and increasing concerns toward the energy of the non-renewable source such as fossil fuel and awareness for their harmful effects of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide is propelling the growth of offshore wind market.
Europe led the offshore wind market, which is expected to lead the market and valued at US$ 13.27 billion in 2016. The region is projected to witness a CAGR of 12.9% in terms of revenue during the forecast period 2017 – 2025.
Major Players in the Global Barite Market:
Some of the major players in the global offshore wind market are MHI Vestas, Siemens AG, General Electric, ABB, Ltd., EEW Group, Nexans, and A2SEA A/S.
Request For Customization as per Your Need : https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/978